This PIC implements the original BitScope virtual machine.
- RISC style instruction set of 39 single byte instructions.
- Instructions operate on a set of 24 single byte registers.
- Execution is "live" via the serial port.
- No programs are stored in BitScope memory.
- Programs called scripts define the operation of BitScope.
- All instruction execution is atomic which is very important.
This firmware revision is the original version shipped with BitScope:
- MicroChip 10MHz PIC16F84
- Frequency measurement
- LF extended timebase
- ALT/CHOP sampling modes
- Fast binary data dump
- 57K6 baud serial port
This revision has since been superceeded by the backward
compatible VM 120.